I filmed three people to gain valuable audience feedback about my short film. All three were suitable for my aspired target audience. Sarah Tye is part of a female audience that I hoped would watch my short film, she enjoys watching films and this means that she was able to be constructively critical of my short film. Sarah is also a student and this means that she has only some spare time to do what she enjoys; watching films; this means that short films are ideal for her as they don't take up a lot of her time.
Rebecca Fox is a seventeen year old student who works part time in an electrical store. This experience in her work place allowed her to be able to be critical of the short film in terms of the technology used; however this was also advantageous as she was sympathetic to the fact that I had very limited resources in terms of technology. Again, she was part of the gender group I hoped my short film would appeal to.
Audience feedback Sarah Tye, Rebecca Fox and Becky Tye
The first feedback I received was from Sarah Tye, she was very positive about the short film and gave me constructive criticism about the things that she felt could be improved. The feedback she gave was on the whole very positive and I feel that this gives evidence that my short film was successful for somebody that matches my aspired target audience.
The second lot of feedback that I received was from Rebecca Fox, she is a member of my Media Studies class and has worked on her own short film so knows the amount of work that goes into creating a short film. The feedback was positive, she not only spoke about the positives of the story line but also the technical aspects "there was two different types of the characters...that it was done in black and white in some things but colour in others." She also discussed the effective use of music working alongside the scenes.
The final piece of audience feedback I received was from Becky Tye, she gave me a lot of constructive criticism, but made it clear that if it was not for the lack of technology the film would be very good. She is a student in my media studies class so is understanding of the fact that the technology available is not of the best quality.
From this I have learnt that:
- I need to manage my time better so as to have time for contingencies; I needed to film the funeral scene again but I did not manage my time well enough to be able to do this.
- Furthermore it was felt that I needed to maybe follow a more chronological order as this would give the short film more flow.
- The minimal audio I have included in my short film may have been better if it was a bit louder.
- Also if time and money wasn't really an issue I feel that better technology would be available to me which would make my short film a lot better.
No comments:
Post a Comment